Hair Loss in Children

The medical name for hair loss is alopecia, Hairlogica has treated thousands of patients with alopecia totalis and aeratus, thisnis where a child may lose hair all over the scalp including all body hair and eyebrows, alopecia aeratus is where one may experience losing hair in patches, similar to 20 cent piece sizes all over the scalp.

If you are experiencing any of the above we strongly suggest you speak with a Hairlogica Hairloss therapist for more information or book online for a free Hairlogica consultation.

Hairlogica has assisted thousands of children with various hairloss problems and has worked with many children impacted by disease and hairloss.

The average cycle for hair loss and growth

Hair growth occurs in cycles that generally last for around 2 to 3 years. During this time, each hair grows an estimated 1cm per month, with roughly 90% of the hair on your scalp growing and the remaining 10% in a resting phase at any moment in time. It takes 3 to 4 months for the resting hair to fall out of your scalp and for new hair to begin replacing it.

This cycle means that it is completely normal to shed some hair each day. However, some men, women and children can experience heavy hair loss that does not correlate with this cycle.

Hair loss conditions in children

Alopecia’ is the medical term for hair loss. Hairlogica is proud to have treated thousands of patients- men, women and children- with alopecia totalis, which is a condition that causes loss of hair all over the scalp and body, including eyebrows. Alopecia aeratus, on the other hand, is when someone experiences hair loss in patches, often in 20 cent sized pieces all over the scalp.

Over the years, Hairlogica is proud to have assisted thousands of young children with a number of hair loss conditions.

One of our most recent patients was living with damaged follicles and complete hairloss due to undergoing severe chemotherapy. With the help of our therapists, she has been able to experience a full head of hair once again.

Real Results from one of our clients

Kate was a recent patient who has experienced terminal follicle damage due to extreme chemotherapy, Hairlogica has helped Kate and the family in assisting with recovery of a full head of hair again. Hairlogica and her parents were extremely pleased with the outcome.

Chemotherapy had severely damaged the hair follicles

Hairlogica assisted and Kate now enjoys a better quality of life

Book Now

Book Your Appointment Today

These amazing results are why we are so passionate about what we do here at Hairlogica. We strive to help all of our clients achieve the best quality of life possible by giving them the hair they once had or always wanted. If you are interested in a free consultation at one of our locations.
Book Now